By Robert Keith
VMs running on Hyper-V can be assigned logically to VMM Clouds. This article describes how to assign a VM to a Cloud or move VMs between clouds.
Iron Networks Products: IronPOD Family of Products, Microsoft CPS
Software: System Center VMM 2012 SP1, VMM 2012 R2
Part of the organization of Fabrics in VMM is the Cloud structure.
In VMM, a Private Cloud is a group of VMs, VM Host Groups and the resources and capacities available to these VMs including Libraries and resource quotas.
To move a VM to a VMM Private Cloud:
- Go to “VMs and Services”.
- Select “All Hosts” or the Host Group desired. On the right pane should be a list of VMs.
- Select the VM and right-click
- Select Properties. A properties form will appear.
- Select the General tab on the left
- Find the “Cloud” pulldown in the middle of the form
- Select the Cloud desired. The cloud definitions can be seen on the left side in the screenshot below.
In this example, the “ADMIN Cloud” is selected.